September 19, 2018, 3:32 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: MMORPG / DAOC

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Daoc Classic servers
By Satan4gotpass
On Thu Jun 30, 2005 07:07 PM

not this shit again-I'm sure you're saying

this month, a new server will be released that has no Artifacts or master levels. It will have all the new classes in it but I think it leaves out trials of atlantis and maybe even catacombs areas

During the summer I could do a necro to 50 in like 3-5 days real time, But I don't know anyone else thinking about playing?

I was thinking about playing yesterday but now I'm not sure

27 Replies to Daoc Classic servers

re: Daoc Classic servers
By FenixHC
On Fri Jul 01, 2005 01:14 AM
Ill prolly be going with from mordred, and a lot of 8v8 guilds from all servers will be there. This is mythic's last attempt to squeeze some money heh
By Keen_Blademember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jul 01, 2005 08:13 AM
oh shiznit, mythic's official classic server? I might come then.
By Darc_Mindmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jul 01, 2005 09:50 AM
Yea but its not exactly classic with SI(which ins't so bad) and catacombs. Not sure what Catacombs added, but I haven't heard very favorable opinions about it. If it was like perahaps SI only with a catacombs engine maybe, then sure, I would be all for it. Maybe catacombs ain't that bad and I've heard wrong, but reguardless prolly not worth grinding to 50 all over again then item whoring for 2-3 months before I can PvP full time.
On Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:08 AM
i might make a gold farmer and just ebay the plat... new ecnomy = good $
By Satan4gotpass
On Fri Jul 01, 2005 04:04 PM
Edited by Satan4gotpass (68542) on 2005-07-01 16:07:50
@darc

supposedly catacombs makes it a LOT easier to level. But on the other side, it's even easier to not play. I'd love to just try the game for free for a month and then decide. I think I'll buy battlefield 2 and surpress the urge I have to return to ANOTHER old game I've played since BF2 is insanely good.
By ZeroTolerancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:43 AM
HELL YEAH@@@@@ WOOOO T lol I left it along time ago but since toa i decided not to return. kick ass. So can you transfer your characters like the other test servers?

would be cool...

zt
By Satan4gotpass
On Tue Jul 05, 2005 01:05 AM
no you have to start over
On Fri Jul 08, 2005 07:42 PM
yeah well I know how to bot >:)
just depends on if anyone actually
goes there is the problem.

zt
By Satan4gotpass
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 01:49 AM
why not share?

Unless you're gonna say Bonedancer in a field of neutrals set to agressive...
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 01:28 PM
lmao bone dancers are nerfed. Im thinking Thane 42 shield 50 thunder and 48 hammer with sham bot 48/24 spec epic. Just for low levels aoe pull w/ bot and take em on one at time with life procs. Ahhh I miss the old days. /Cheer just lemme get all the damn shit again so I can do it. n3ways lemme know when they actually start it.

zt

ps is not hard to get ppl to pl bots especially on a new server where nobody is 50 yet.
By Satan4gotpass
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 03:38 PM
bf2 is bettar
By Ice_
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 07:38 PM
I've been thinking about going back with my 8 group from mordred but the fact that it is new frontiers is a big turn off, tower camping and zergfest isn't exactly what i consider fun, but the fact no artifacts and masterlvl grind almost makes it worth trying. Oh and catacombs is full of overpowered 1v1 classes, hence why you've heard whines about it probably rooting from mordred where it would hit the hardest in that area.

btw, Fenix playing with old torcan?
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 08:30 PM
A shaman botted thane? Are you serious? I haven't played the game in ages but that is about the worst possible class you could pair up with a shaman. Maybe thanes got a huge buff that I never was around for?
On Sat Jul 09, 2005 09:22 PM
ya rofl... a thane? Last time I played they were pretty crappy. But I tell you this, I could farm shit with my shadowblade and my shammy bot pretty nice. But then again, I had like one of the best SBs on guinevere, beat rr10s 1v1.
If I remember correctly, the best farmer was a minstrel with high pet charm soloing(with cleric bot) hulks in DF. But that was way back, I dunnno what its like now.
By Demolira
On Sun Jul 10, 2005 01:41 AM
Some of us still play DAOC. :P

In any case, the new servers go live on the 12th for people with active accounts on the 1st, and then open on the 14th for everyone else.

There are two things that make the "classic" servers, Gareth and Lamorak unique. One is the not being able to port to Atlantis. The other is that all concentration buffs can only be placed on people in your group and buffs will have a range of 5000 units, past which they'll quit working, much like Midgard's endurance regen now.

The /level command will be disabled, and the free level timer will be set to 7 days.

While a thane is perfectly viable in the hands of a skilled player, most groups shun them and a poor player does much more harm than good with one. Due to the no-buff bot rule, stealthers will be a lot less viable as a soloer.
By FenixHC
On Sun Jul 10, 2005 01:53 AM
Iunno, I dont know if ill play, but im with Wrath from mordred if I do go. I might just stick to poker, I dont honestly know if I can go back to DAOC :-\
On Sun Jul 10, 2005 01:36 PM
All the new catacombs shit makes me leary of playing. Some crazy combinations of skills and pretty powerful new shit.
On Sun Jul 10, 2005 03:43 PM
Also I think no buff bot rules still plays to the stelthers advantage. Sure there are prolly certain classes, like champs, vampiirs, or minstrels or any other strong 1v1 class, but otherwise, stealthers are generally the bar by witch a strong 1v1 class is measured.
By DoomKnight
On Sun Jul 10, 2005 04:57 PM
Friars might be awesome again then.... is there going to be a pvp server or just regular ones?
On Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:46 PM
just normal=(
By Ice_
On Mon Jul 11, 2005 01:02 PM
eh lol if you go with wrath gl, they going mid, as is like everyone. yay for joining the zerg realm :P
By FenixHC
On Tue Jul 12, 2005 01:51 PM
Hib sounded like the zerg realm imo
On Tue Jul 12, 2005 06:46 PM
I have seen two polls on the vault, both were overwhelmingly in favor of Mid. If you look at the test server, Mid has so many people that they had almost every keep in Alb(the weakest realm as far as polls went) and nearly half of Hibernia. It's going to be a Gank group server because of the way the buff range works which will discourage zerging in general. Mid has the best tools for making melee gank groups and decent ability to make bomb groups, they need the least amount of classes and can fit in more damage. But the strategies are inflexible, once someone comes up with a counter, there are gonna be a lotta dead mids. Hib is a bit less flexible but there are more overall strategies. Alb is very diluted when it comes to skills. The class skill overlap too much and there are too many important skills spread over too many classes. This makes for some crazy strategies but most times it will require the highest level of skill to accomplish (hence albs tenedency, no matter population, to zerg.)
On Tue Jul 12, 2005 07:02 PM
Edited by ZeroTolerance (79882) on 2005-07-12 19:02:29 chapter 2 :)~
Yeah I can agree with you that thanes can suck for groups, But he is right when he says when your a good player you can be great. I used farm reds/grapes without even thinking about it in df. My thane rocked. I rarely ever lost in a duel. But maybe thats because I stayed a thane for two years with the only other toon was my shambot. I spent alot of time and money to just make him a good player. I used to lead many successful zergs,dragon raids and other events when I played. lol I spent so long on my thane nobody would let me play another guy. Put it this way I lost three girlfriends because of that damn toon lol. Anyways all classes rock I just know how to play a thane really well. I am pretty good with shadow blades and other characters that I got to 50 like sb, healers and shammy. But my thane was hardly ever defeated in a duel. I lost twice that I can remember. Once to a bd and once to a really good zerker before the nerf. But otherwise I was main puller and main block. Anyways before I get to chapter 2 peace!~

ps. and maybe its just me but being anything other than a tank really sucks for getting groups for leveling. But stealthers do great in gank groups you just have to make sure that you have the same people all the time. lol I used to play my 50 healer all the time stuck to 2 groups of stealthers I would get ganked alot but damn aoe instant mezz aoe instant heal and insta rez made me a favorite. But maybe thats why I was a soldier in real life and not a doctor. Its kinda boring making sure people stay alive. I rather seek revenge.

zt
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch