January 23, 2019, 3:52 AM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: Sports / NHL

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: Tonight is the night.
By agentzz
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 08:47 AM
he said he wanted to play but the coach wouldnt let him...its about honour i can bet anything that if it was the nj devils needing toronto to win there last game of the season they would have started there best goalie and treated it like an important game....nj didnt even scout the nyi game to see that the goalie poke checks almost everytime in a shootout...not starting broduer and not preparing for the game like they ussally do is really dishonourable....and I am a miami dolphin fan you think missing the playoffs bothers me? just the whole league lost alot when they didnt start broduer hes going to want a favour down the road in a couple of years and he wont get it
By Sully_member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:19 PM
The coach did the right thing. NJ had 2nd seed locked up, nothing would change whether they a won or lost. Brodeur had only missed 3 games all season (find me another goalie with a 78 game season), and there was absolutely no reason for him to play that game. It sucks for Leafs fans but you have to be realistic about it.
By agentzz
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 05:22 PM
the only thing I am saying is most teams in this league wouldnt have done that out of respect for the nhl I would be posting this same arguement even if the leafs were not involved. I hope since he missed that game that he comes out rusty and tampa breaks the home ice advantage because of it and steals the series. and nyi stand no chance vs buffalo the leafs on the other hand play pretty good against them...way to hand buffalo this side gg everyone else.
By CSisbetter
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 05:48 PM
why take the chance of broduer hurting himself... the same reason elias didnt' come back too early from his groin we need them for the playoffs i know what you're saying but it's just smart on nj's behalf... maybe the leafs will be good enough some year that they don't have to rely on a team losing to make it to the playoffs
By agentzz
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 06:15 PM
your last point is invalid the leafs played vs oppenents who did everything possible to win the game every game of the season...the islanders did for all but the last and they got in by half a game. if this happened to ottawa or another team I hate I would argue its corrupt to....i hate the nfl last week to when teams needing to win play a team who it doesnt matter to same thing happens.
By dzoneisgay
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 07:08 PM
go leafs go!go leafs go!go leafs go!go leafs go!
By CSisbetter
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:36 PM
what im saying is you're saying the only reason that the leafs didn't get in is because brodeur didn't play... why put all the blame on this game whereas if the leafs played decent all season they would've been in without having to rely on the islanders losing
By acxellmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:51 PM
no shit, don't blame other teams if the leafs didn't make the playoffs.

And you think the leafs battled hard every game? I watched that Montreal vs Toronto game saturday, and Montreal completely gave the game away: 3 fluke goals and played only in second period.

Toronto didn't even have a challenge and yet let 5 goals in?

Face it, they sucked this year, better luck next year.
By agentzz
On Tue Apr 10, 2007 09:44 AM
I said its there own fault but my main point is

the nyi nj game could have turned out the same who knows but for the integrity of the league they should have started broduer since they didnt the leafs play all there games vs oppenents who were trying 100% to win and the islanders played all but this last game if nj truely wanted to win broduer would have been in net
I would be argueing like this saying what if and the integrity of the league if it happened between anyother 2 teams its not the leafs im trying to argue about its the situation. and if you keep trying to say im trying to make excuses for the leafs il wait years if i have to till it happens again and the leafs arent involved and make a big fuss to.
On Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:50 AM
Brodeur sat three other times this year and the devils lost two of those games. I guess those two teams (whoever they are) got bullshit wins, too? Every team has a backup goalie, every team rests their starting goalie every few games- usually A LOT more than the devils rest Brodeur. He started 78 fucking games, which is unheard of. Find another goalie who started 78 games. Sitting him was not only smart- it made sense in every possible way.
By dzoneisgay
On Tue Apr 10, 2007 01:58 PM
why risk him injury right before the playoffs?..they are already in.

GO LEAFS GO!...YOU CAN DO IT! :)
By agentzz
On Tue Apr 10, 2007 03:41 PM
resting manning really worked most of the time to just to get obliterated in the playoffs i hope tampabay steals home ice first game because of it and wins 4-3 in the series.
By CSisbetter
On Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:17 AM
well your girls canadien hockey team did well maybe the leafs can draft some of them and have a better year next year... DEVILS FTW
By agentzz
On Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:48 AM
the devils dont stand a chance to win the stanely cup. I will give you 7-1 odds and bet up to 1000$ that they wont.
On Wed Apr 11, 2007 05:38 PM
7-1? How generous. I can get 8-1 on almost any betting site.
By dzoneisgay
On Wed Apr 11, 2007 06:59 PM
get a room. lol
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch