December 19, 2018, 1:41 AM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: OT

Page:
Page 2 of 3: 1 2 3
re: atleast 75/25 its gonna happen- who's in?
By dumb_mothermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 14, 2008 04:14 PM

+ -

2nd try
By Satan4gotpass
On Thu Feb 14, 2008 04:37 PM
sickest plain text document evar
By Keen_Blademember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 14, 2008 06:12 PM
again in case you missed it......

do you know how the whole working visa for non US citizens works? Since I'm a Canadian citizen I don't think I am allowed to work in US unless my potential employer provides me with a working visa, just a thought for you... I'm not saying I'm 100% certain I would be up for this job but if I was then I definatly would require a working permit
On Fri Feb 15, 2008 06:33 AM
not sure any of that stuff- we'll have to approach that once it gets a bit more serious
On Fri Feb 15, 2008 06:35 AM
next time we meet we are gong to go over things and get a legitimate budget going and then we'll know for sure if it's gonna happen- we haven't set up a time to meet yet but we had talked about looking at office space in march once it warms up a bit so it should be soon.
On Fri Feb 15, 2008 07:19 PM
oh and satan deep down i take that as a compliment, it's like when orbby and i got banned from ender because they said there was no way we could have been as good as we were on their ladder.
By Behrens
On Fri Feb 15, 2008 07:57 PM
woot made 25% today
By Satan4gotpass
On Sat Feb 16, 2008 01:32 AM
haha i meant it as a complement--I believe you--I was just expecting some really good looking report or something parsed in a website that looked really jazzed up. I didn't mean it was fake
On Sat Feb 16, 2008 07:54 AM
I still don't understand the point of you opening your own trading firm.
I mean if you're really good at this stuff and have your own trading strategies, why would you let others trade with your money. Why can't you trade with all of it yourself.

Its sort of like having your own dupe method in d2 and then deciding to share it with 10 other people...don't see the point?
By BadKarma
On Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:31 AM
By letting others trade your money you can get a large percentage of the profits. If you get a room of traders using your trading model, trading your system, you can make big money. Some of course will lose money but if you can find a few that have the skills and take over 50% of the profit they make it adds up fast. + they can cover other stocks or markets using your system. Also I am sure the new guys will be starting off with a small account and as they learn and start showing a profit there accounts would be increased. If you have 10 guys making you 3 to 5k a month it adds up and you are also able to focus on your own trading.
On Sat Feb 16, 2008 01:10 PM
i also can't trade 24 hrs a day - if i hire people they can work those hours for me - badkarma is spot on as well with his response. as far as trading myself larger vs hiring people - the us treasury market is the largest and most liquid market in the world- i plan on trading as large as i think i can reasonably trade the whole time, there is simply (in my opinion) money hand over fist to be made. every day we see over 2 million contracts trade in the ty treasury- right now the markets are super volatile and may move as much as 60 prices across which those are traded. each price is a 15.25$ move - so if you just assume it is all evenly distributed at each price what is that like 30000 contracts per price? so just think about how much money there is to be made in this market- there is plenty to go around and i wouldn't mind seeing a bunch of people i would call friends making a lot of money.
On Sat Feb 16, 2008 01:13 PM
Edited by dumb_mother (11458) on 2008-02-16 13:17:33
the strategy we use is also a very well known trade- look up the "nob" "fit" "fob" and you might find something somewhere if you look in fixed income forums- those are basically the spreads we trade- it is a system that is well known and everyone understands so the market behaves and it is like a game of chess- it's no secret what we do- 3:2 hedge ration ty to fy 10:6 ty to us

i think i made the analogy in the old old thread- but it's a game everyone understands- it's kind of like getting sc rockstars to make dueling hc chars and seeing them run around like chickens with their heads cut off as soon as it gets a bit hairy in the blood moor. everyone knows what they are supposed to do in theory but how many of them are actually crossing back on their ww's
On Sat Feb 16, 2008 03:01 PM
I see, thanks for clarifying.
what about the trading software, do you plan to order one or going to have a team develop it?
On Sat Feb 16, 2008 04:41 PM
Edited by dumb_mother (11458) on 2008-02-16 16:41:45
x trader is the trading software i use now and i can't imagine using anything else - leased monthly from the clearing firm
By Aries_TofC
On Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:14 PM
Trading stocks + the cast of diablozone = Boiler Room in real life.

~ArieS~

that's just what i see happening. It kinda amuses me. but good luck DM.
On Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:53 PM
boiler room had clients- we don't =)
On Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:56 PM
going to lunch tomorrow w/friend i'll let you know what developes

Comment #117638 deleted
Edited by Sully_ (12878) on 2008-06-03 01:01:50 dfsd

On Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:06 PM
sounds interesting, I really don't know as of right now, been applying for a couple of ibanking positions, gotta wait for some time to hear their responses

out of curiosity, if my resume was good and your company was interested, would they pay for my plane ticket to fly down to chicago for interview? and if it was successful, would they pay for relocation expenses?

oh btw, gambittrading.com looks like it was made by a 12 year old who spent about a 3 hours on it
On Fri Feb 22, 2008 05:18 AM
website is crap- we don't have clients hence no one to impress that's why, it was just made by someone that used to work here as a volunteer. i imagine they'd pay for your plane ticket for the interview, and you could probably negotiate for the relocation bonus as you are from a foreign country, and if i ended up staying around i would be surprised if you didnt' get it (i'd simply add it to my demands that you get a job there so i can teach you / take a cut like i mentioned in an old ass post. -- oh and as far as ibanking my old roommate worked at lazard for 2 years then got the 3rd year offer and is finishing up in july and has decided he is going to submit his resume for gambit (was one of the "for sures" if i started a new company) -- he figures worst case scenario it is a good blurb on his resume for mba school apps.
On Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:18 PM
I would think that ibanking looks a lot better than trader on MBA school apps, especialy from one of the top banks

and also I would think that the top banks pay for MBA education if they want their employees to have an MBA, I can't imagine how expensive it is in the states, educaiton is cheaper in Canada I'm almost sure of it
On Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:51 PM
oh ya also out of curiosity
would the work experience as a trader at gambit qualify as work experience for CFA charter? if you don't know, ask people around your firm

here's sort of a reference link
www.cfainstitute.org . . .

Comment #117659 deleted

On Fri Feb 22, 2008 04:41 PM
checked out the website- maybe you could justify the derivatives analyst thing, but it'd be a stretch at best and you'd prolly be more relying on slipping that under someone's nose
By SZ_StickDeath
On Mon Mar 10, 2008 01:16 AM
A pyramid scam from some stupid towelhead who happened upon this forum. BTW check your girlfriend's ass for a pen, i think that's where I left it!
Page:
Page 2 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch