March 24, 2019, 4:28 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: Site

Let's talk about diablohc.com
By Sully_member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 31, 2010 06:07 PM

We've got to renew diablohc.com in the next month or so (I can't believe we've had it for two years already). I think it's $100 for another two years. I'm down for paying for all of it but it'd be a waste of we continue to barely use it like we have for the past two years. I've tried several times to push traffic over there but we keep clinging to diablozone. I prefer diablohc for a few reasons, mostly because we have complete control but also because I don't like dzone's layout as much.

I want to restructure diablohc a bit and, if possible, get everyone to re-register so we know who's active and can give out permissions for a special diablozone or old-school subforum. Or maybe we could set it up so that guests and unconfirmed members only see a welcome forum that requires registration to post in, then we can confirm people so that they can then access the bulk of the site. Old schoolers can get access to the special clubhouse forum.

I'm not a fan at all of the current main logo image or the dark color scheme. Just throwing that out there.

What do you guys think? Stay on subject and give me your respect opinions.

11 Replies to Let's talk about diablohc.com

re: Let's talk about diablohc.com
By MaximusDM
On Wed Mar 31, 2010 07:25 PM
I actually have been have problems logging into DiabloHC. I log in, it says the user MaximusDM is online, but I myself at my computer am not logged in. So I can't post/edit/do anything.

I could try deleting my cookies, but its a pain in the ass re-entering passwords and log-ins for all my regular visited sites.
By dumb_mothermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 31, 2010 07:28 PM
i may be prejudiced to this site, but i always liked the bright layout (as opposed to the darkness sully referenced).
i'm game to move to the new site, i just still come here out of habit.
i'm also game to help pay for any/all of the 50$/year.
i like the idea of us having control of the site as well if we move back to diablohc.
once i get my bot up and running we can give everything it finds away if that would help in any way people could think of. i'm hoping eventually to perpetually run enchant bots in norm / nightmare- i could advertise the site when i get the program if we do go there.
By KRuSHmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 31, 2010 08:12 PM
I really don't care either way, traffic is probably going to be slow regardless of if we stay here or move to diablohc (until d3 comes out). Let's face it, there isn't much in the way of Diablo discussion other than the once a year ladder reset. I think what we need is something to keep us networked during this interim period.

The only reason I still cling to diablozone is because of the archives.. but if we can somehow grow our community I'd be up for the change.
By Indo
On Fri Apr 02, 2010 03:46 PM
im down to change to diablohc and i also dont like the dark layout. it looks like crap on my phone and thats how i do most of my forum surfing
By Cyrus
On Fri Apr 02, 2010 05:52 PM
Another vote to change the dark layout to something easier to look at
By Sully_member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 02, 2010 07:26 PM
Canged back to default skin.
By Darc_Mindmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Apr 03, 2010 05:04 AM
I knda of like being able to look at the forums and posts without being able to log in but an exclusive forum for members of dzone would be nice as well. Also I think more people will respond better to the background if it is not such a solid black. Try a grayish colors or perhaps even tan if white is not your first choice.
By Darc_Mindmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Apr 03, 2010 05:04 AM
I knda of like being able to look at the forums and posts without being able to log in but an exclusive forum for members of dzone would be nice as well. Also I think more people will respond better to the background if it is not such a solid black. Try a grayish colors or perhaps even tan if white is not your first choice.
By Behrens
On Sun Apr 04, 2010 01:07 PM
made the char DlABLOHCdotcom

so far one guy in game was like: hey diablohc your site sux lol

gogogo fix it!
By zl_art
On Tue Apr 06, 2010 05:53 PM
I'm also happy to pitch in for DiabloHC.com.

As many of the above posters have pointed out though, it's unlikely that a new Diablo hardcore site is going to get much traction pre Diablo 3. I'm happy that we have it, and that we're going to have a place to go and a forum to spam once Diablo 3 is released. But while a board check / post remains at most a once/week phenomenon, I suspect that diablozone is going to remain the de facto home of our group.
By MaximusDM
On Tue Apr 06, 2010 06:01 PM
I still can't log in.

ReplySendWatch