January 23, 2019, 12:10 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: Site

D2 Aftermath
By chaoz
On Sun Jul 03, 2011 02:58 AM

Hey guys, been awhile, good to see most of you still kicking.

I've been searching for ways to kill my boredom, but most of the shit on the game market is pathetic, so once again im back to D2, and I just checked in on the old mod of d2 i helped make a long time ago... well,it's come a long way.

Heres a summary of the entire thing for anybody interested in giving it a shot:

www3.telus.net . . .

Trevor, the head modder, is a great guy and very competent modder, and he loves player feedback, he even fixed trapped wps (im thinking of you sully). The mods been in progress for over 4 years now, and its just now coming to a close, so if you want a diablo experience before d3...

Anyhoo, read it over or try it out, ill be setting myself up in the next few days

9 Replies to D2 Aftermath

re: D2 Aftermath
By Keen_Blademember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 03, 2011 01:20 PM
where is the download link
By chaoz
On Sun Jul 03, 2011 01:47 PM
www.mrfixitonline.com . . .

Late night posting ftl, there ya go
By chaoz
On Sun Jul 03, 2011 02:01 PM
Oh, since you guys are mostly HC players, theres a ring in the game with a level 10 requirement, +1000% exp gained, +4 all skills, and it completely gimps you defensively. It is a HC only item designed to get people who have a "rusher" back up to scratch asap, because in long difficult mods losing one member of your party is shit, so rather it take 1 day of downtime to get back on track, than a week.

If a SC player ever equips the ring, when he dies (Wearing it or not), his stats are all permanently put down to 1 (Str, vit, life). Brought to you by yours truly :)
On Sun Jul 03, 2011 03:08 PM
1. do you need CD to play the game with the mod?

2. is the server online right now? Mine says "connecting" and then times out
By chaoz
On Sun Jul 03, 2011 03:47 PM
Edited by chaoz (138603) on 2011-07-03 15:49:43
You'll need to edit your bnet registry with the tool provided in the download package and add the AM gateway, and yes the server should be online, they post within minutes of it going down most times on the forums you downloaded from.

here is a very step by step process of how to do it:

www.mrfixitonline.com . . .

Something else to note:

# It will ask if you want to install the mod. Hit yes. When you run the game now, it should say v1.10 and under it, D2Mod System 1.03. You will now want to run BNETGateway Editor and change the Aftermath IP to the one listed at the top of the forum.

Edit: You might need the CD, since you have to revert to a patch that does not disable the no-cd protection.
On Sun Jul 03, 2011 08:11 PM
So I just tried it, there's barely anyone online, and it's not that easy to play solo.

Don't think it's worth the time.
By chaoz
On Mon Jul 04, 2011 02:14 AM
The whole point of the mod is extreme difficulty, although normal is solo-able if you already know the game. Nobody is playing because theres been essentially no advertising it for the past 4 years while the dev team worked on it, but Mathematics (Trevor) recently contacted me, letting me know it's essentially finished and he wanted my take on it, so I was asking if some of you wanted to join me in doing so.

In any case, ill be setting up my account *chaoz tonight, and hopefully ill catch you on.
On Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:13 AM
ya i played a bit more today, learned a few more things here and there

it's good to kill time I guess... but it's very tough, hardcore would be very difficult because I've died many times already, some were impossible to survive like frozen orb chest traps in cold plains... wtf is up with that!
By rivus
On Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:16 PM
server wont connect?...

ReplySendWatch