May 24, 2018, 5:36 AM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: Diablo / Classic

I bid 26M gold for a shield... and LOST!
By zl_art
On Tue Jul 03, 2012 03:52 PM

Good God man!

What does a guy have to do to get a decent shield around here?

The bid was 15.75M with 10 seconds to go. I was sure I was going to get it, but apparently my 26M bid was still lower than the bid some guy had entered earlier. Damn!

5 Replies to I bid 26M gold for a shield... and LOST!

re: I bid 26M gold for a shield... and LOST!
By acxellmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 03, 2012 04:13 PM
You are rich!
I got 500k
By Sully_member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 03, 2012 04:27 PM
WTF were the stats for 26 mil?>
By acxellmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 03, 2012 04:42 PM
How do you pile up 26m
I cant sell shitt
By dillyyo
On Tue Jul 03, 2012 05:28 PM
AH is pretty broke and shitty mainly because if itemization.

Items have to have high RES ALL along with your main stat and vitality for them to be of use at all in hardcore.

In softcore all the matters is Chance to Crit, Crit damage increase, attack speed, main stat.

This renders just about everything else worthless because everyone is saving up for the good stuff.

In HC as long as you have the items to farm goblins you do not need to buy anything until you want to progress and you only want those top tier items to do that.

In SC I can already fight through Act 3 inferno with my DH all on shitty items I have found and I have only been level 60 since Saturday. I have no reason to really buy anything although it would be fun to do 200k dps.

Point being is that itemization is shit and the entire stat system is shit. The stat system makes itemization much more shitty as well. I mean if you were given stat points say like 10 points at low levels and maybe like 100 points at higher levels that you could allocate yourself then you could do some cool stuff and use different items. I am just ranting now but really it makes me made that they had this long to make the game and I was really looking forward to new ideas and modifiers on items and instead I got complete trash.
By Darc_Mindmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 05, 2012 04:21 AM
its not broken, it just saves your gold. If the shield was bid for 30m and the original bid was 14m, it will bid 15m of your 30 and show 15 as the current bid amount. If you try to bid 25, then it will auto bid the next higher minimum amount from his 30m, which is likely around 26. It was implemented to limit AH sniping and keep inflation in check to a degree.

ReplySendWatch