October 21, 2018, 11:46 AM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: MMORPG / Shadowbane

Dayz mod
By Apathy
On Wed Jul 04, 2012 02:34 PM

dayzmod.com its a steam game mod

From what I can tell , you are a human, you collect everything from scratch while trying to avoid the zombies. That is the only real goal in this game however you can kill the other players whenever you feel. I dont believe there is a hostile button but you can take their food to feed yourself and take their gear to be better equipped.

I think I may check this out.

22 Replies to Dayz mod

re: Dayz mod
By dillyyo
On Wed Jul 04, 2012 03:59 PM
I have several friends playing this and love it. It is basically like you said, P v P and run from Zombies while trying to stay alive and get better gear. I actually looked into it last night. Arma II is the game you have to buy and its 30 bucks on steam.
By dumb_mothermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 04, 2012 05:43 PM
my brother-in-law and nephew both play this (i can't remember the name but this sounds like what they were describing) they were talking about how awesome it was and you could make bands of people to go around killing others like in the movie the road
By dillyyo
On Wed Jul 04, 2012 07:40 PM
I am bored with D3 big time and my brother and several friends quit and cashed out already so I decided to go ahead and buy this on steam and will get the mod when it finishes. If anyone wants to play together and kill people let me know. I am not sure if you have an account or what but once I figure all of that out we can make a post about it.
By SpACeLy_II
On Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:05 PM
Whats the replay value? Torchlight is coming out at the end of the month too
By dillyyo
On Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:01 PM
Haha it seems fun if you have a group of people. My first two characters I created died within 15 mins of logging on to zombies. Apparently you need to crouch and crawl to get through zombies to find loot spots.
By Apathy
On Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:33 PM
dillyyo wrote:

Haha it seems fun if you have a group of people. My first two characters I created died within 15 mins of logging on to zombies. Apparently you need to crouch and crawl to get through zombies to find loot spots.

i think i may dl this tonight when i go to bed
On Thu Jul 05, 2012 03:35 AM
yeah i'll dl this tomorrow as well
By Apathy
On Thu Jul 05, 2012 01:10 PM
dumb_mother wrote:

yeah i'll dl this tomorrow as well

currently downloading, should be ready sometime tonight
By dillyyo
On Thu Jul 05, 2012 01:42 PM
We are going to have to coordinate playing this with vent/mumble/skype or whatever if anyone has access to any of those.
By Apathy
On Thu Jul 05, 2012 02:13 PM
dillyyo wrote:

We are going to have to coordinate playing this with vent/mumble/skype or whatever if anyone has access to any of those.

i have skype and vent but i think skype is a better quality / easier to use
By NiXMaLiCe
On Thu Jul 05, 2012 02:34 PM
Thanks for posting this. Watching entire first season of Walking Dead while downloading. ;)
By dillyyo
On Thu Jul 05, 2012 02:56 PM
Well my skype is robert.vittitow
By SpACeLy_II
On Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:10 PM
Whats the verdict on this game?
By dillyyo
On Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:54 PM
After an hour or so fulling around and finding a map online to figure out where the hell I was it seems to be getting better. I now know where to find weapons and how to avoid getting killed from zombies. I have been killed twice by other players who were both sniping me from roofs of buildings. Playing by yourself I do not think you will get much out of it but it seems fun to join up with a group of 4 or 5 trusted friends and going into the areas where you can usually find other players and just killing everyone. When you do come in contact with someone if you are close enough you can voice chat with them but so far for me that usually ends up getting me shot.
By SpACeLy_II
On Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:11 AM
Did you pay for it dilly? I see an option for "combined operations" for 29.99USD
By dillyyo
On Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:49 AM
Yes I paid the 30 bucks for the game and the expansion on steam. I hear that you can get Arma II for free and then pay like 10 bucks for the expansion somewhere else and it will work but it sounded like to much work for me.
On Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 AM
i also just bought both on steam but i haven't tried playing yet- what server are you playing on or does it not really matter since i think you can switch at will between them.
By dillyyo
On Fri Jul 06, 2012 01:00 AM
It doesnt matter what you play on. I prefer to play with its day time since the servers emulate a real 24 hour schedule. You dont want to play on a server at night time because literally all you can see is with your flashlight. Also, if I make it to a weapon spawn point and do not find a weapon I will join a new server and will spawn at the same spot so I can keep moving servers till I get a weapon.
By AgentDoA
On Mon Jul 09, 2012 07:03 PM
On steam I see the game is 19.99 and the expansion 19.99?
By dillyyo
On Mon Jul 09, 2012 07:34 PM
You should be able to buy the combo for 30 bucks. Maybe that deal is gone but I can see it being even cheaper with steam summer sales. I would watch some people play it on twitch.tv before you buy it. I enjoy it in short spurts as it is very nerve racking. Spending an hour or so to get all the gear you want and then heading to town only to get sniped by another player without even seeing where they were. It is a very unforgiving game.
By SpACeLy_II
On Mon Jul 09, 2012 08:04 PM
Agent I believe the 29.99 one is called "combined" and has everything you need minus the mod. I'm going to buy it as soon as I know I have someone to try it with. Whats $30 on a chance to pk ppl? haha
By dillyyo
On Mon Jul 09, 2012 08:10 PM
It has a couple hour learning curve if you have someone that knows what they are doing teaching you. You will also need the map that I have linked at the bottom to figure out where the hell you are and find weapon spawns. So far in my 4-6 hours of playing I have been PKed 5 times and I have PKed no one. :(

www.teamfackin.com . . .

ReplySendWatch