January 23, 2019, 3:52 AM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: MMORPG / DAOC

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter
By Darc_Mindmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 03, 2013 02:24 AM
Edited by Darc_Mind (11148) on 2013-04-03 19:50:03

www.kickstarter.com . . .

So Mark Jacobs power point is looking for the financial backing to leave vaporware status and begin the journey onto becoming an actual game. You can check out the reddit community interaction here:

www.reddit.com . . .

Basically this is shaping up to be DAOC 2. The different levels of pledges come with different rewards. If anyone is interested in doing a collective pledge, I am hoping to get enough people for a guild pledge at 600. It basically works out to 60 dollars per person for Beta 1 access, a digital copy of the game and some other fluff. There are other tiers if I find more people interested, 20 for 1200 and 30 for 1700 with other rewards.

If you just want to get the game for yourself or are generally paranoid about these sort of things, you can donate 25$ for your own digital copy.

Keep in mind, this is currently just vaporware atm so it will be a good faith donation to Mark Jacobs ability to actually deliver. On the other hand, it has only been up for one day and they already have 500k of their 2M$ goal.

Anyway, post of PM if you want more info.

9 Replies to Camelot Unchained Kickstarter

re: Camelot Unchained Kickstarter
By dumb_mothermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Apr 03, 2013 06:51 AM
Edited by dumb_mother (11458) on 2013-04-03 06:54:13
i'd be game even though i never played daoc. i think the 3 person 550 level might be better though because if i read it right we'd all get effectively lifetime subscriptions. if the game ends up being good that is way worth it and even if we don't like it it is easy to sell a lifetime sub account to get most of the original money back if it is gonna cost 10$/month or something like that anyways.
By Satan4gotpass
On Wed Apr 03, 2013 06:24 PM
im in for 60 bucks toward it darc

8 people have bought and island for 40k total.

Kickstarter is free money for anyone who has internet fame.
On Thu Apr 04, 2013 01:58 AM
So apparently not total vaporware, they have an engine:

www.kickstarter.com . . .

Also I set up a donation tracker on my guild page that I was using for GW2, for the sake of transparency.

jahguleth.enjin.com
By Satan4gotpass
On Thu Apr 04, 2013 05:06 PM
They seem pretty smug and have no worries about their technology choices.. I want to know what they're using server side.
On Thu Apr 04, 2013 06:48 PM
Considering this post:

camelotunchained.com . . .

I think they understand the importance of performance with a game like this.
On Fri Apr 05, 2013 03:37 AM
so do we just say here we'll post 60$ like i did or am i supposed to paypal your guild page link
On Fri Apr 05, 2013 06:24 AM
paypal my link on my guild page probably easiest so I can get emails in case I need to return the money.

If the kickstarter doesn't hit 2M, then they refund the money, in which case I will return it to everyone. If we don't get 600, then I will also just return the money, preferably before the end of the kickstarter if anyone wants to just get their own pledge.
On Fri Apr 05, 2013 09:03 PM
i just donated
On Sat Apr 06, 2013 07:05 PM
same, trying to get my other friends to quit dragging heir feet =P

I think some just wanna see more stuff released.

ReplySendWatch