January 23, 2019, 12:06 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: Site

Dark Souls II
By Sully_member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Mar 12, 2014 01:58 PM

This game is amazing. It's just as good as the first, which I regard as one of the best games of all time.

Anyone else playing it?

6 Replies to Dark Souls II

re: Dark Souls II
By Digs
On Wed Mar 12, 2014 03:12 PM
Pre-ordered for PC. I don't have a consol to play on. Never played the first one, but I've heard it was good.
By acxellmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 16, 2014 09:52 PM
so is anyone gonna play d3 RoS on release?
By DoomMagus
On Tue Mar 18, 2014 02:23 AM
perhaps I will get d3 but i am not liking the locked in item system, one of the reasons I quit FF14 immediately after about a month. Part of the fun is getting something else everyone else wants, and having the ability to get something special in return for it. From what I see, the MMORPG and similar type gaming community is tending too much to the masses which are all moronic worthless little bitches. Not my cup of tea~ Anyways~

Darksouls 2 looks really good. I have to say I did buy Darksouls 1 but could not get into it, Demon Souls on the other hand, I played over and over again and had a very high level character. I deeply enjoyed that game. Sadly I am not overly excited about any games currently. South Park The stick of truth however was an incredibly funny game if anyone here enjoys South Park Humour
By Satan4gotpass
On Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:22 AM
Edited by Satan4gotpass (68542) on 2014-03-19 00:23:42
Dark souls 2 is amazing for 6 hours

The rest of the game is utter shit.

The combat stops being satisfying at around 15 hours in. No one I played with online was effective either. The diminishing returns on intelligence were a nice brick wall to hit (I could respec but fuck them)

Fucking waste of money I can't believe people are excited about this level of masochism. The game has literally zero pace to it because of all the now forced backtracking and looking shit up you're forced to do to make a micron of progress. I'm embarrassed for buying the game with how many weapon and class guides have hit the top of reddit. Let me just get out my fucking spreadsheets so I can enjoy the game.

None of the action is particularly good anymore. Running through areas becomes the #1 tactic. Bosses are completely un-soloable (wtf).

Demon's souls was the only great game they've made, as far as I'm concerned. They tried to be way too creative in the difficulty and ended up shooting themselves in the foot. I am positive that this game is just 1 million people using a guide and reading a soapstone message sign every 4 feet.
By Satan4gotpass
On Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 AM
also fun fact while I'm thinking of it

the alpha of this game was dark as fuck and forced you to use a torch for a lot of the gameplay. that's why the torch mechanic is introduced at the first bonfire and there are places to light a stationary torch and the entire mechanic exists in the first place.. they increased the brightness a crazy amount compared to the alpha.
By Sully_member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:46 AM
Edited by Sully_ (12878) on 2014-03-22 11:47:31
I've completed 2.5 playthroughs and all the achievements and thought the game was amazing. I explored and discovered pretty much everything myself.
The game is difficult in comparison to the care bear shit most developers crap out these days, but it really wasn't that bad.
I don't know what you're talking about backtracking and microns of progress.
By SpACeLy_II
On Thu May 08, 2014 04:24 AM
im playing dark souls 2. getting bored of it quickly

ReplySendWatch