December 13, 2017, 3:18 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: MMORPG / DAOC

DAOC
Uthgard en>fr fr>en
By XxSoulsxX Comments: 8, member since Mon Feb 23, 2015
On Sun Dec 04, 2016 03:42 PM
Edited by XxSoulsxX (272680) on 2016-12-04 15:44:26

Hey, i know a few of you guys played daoc back in the glory days. Uthgard is relaunching in 30 days, its daoc classic free shard that will be running 1.65 with si classes but no si yet. They had close to 1500 ppl and open beta, im expecting 2k+ at launch and probably be average 500-800 a year down the road.

I will most likley be running tri spec cab with a set grp or dark rm if i go mid instead.

The leveling is a bit of a grind, took me 9 days to hit 50 in beta with missing 2 days due to surgery.

Still the best pvp in any game other then hc bvb duels pre xpack imo lol.

Let me know if any of you want to join, ill be playing 18hrs/day for a weeks after launch to get first 50 and first rr5 hopefully

Can check it out at uthgard.net it is a very active community. Cant remember the last time i have been so exicted for a release, ahhh the nostalgia

6 Replies to Uthgard

re: Uthgard en>fr fr>en
By Satan4gotpass Comments: 1944, member since Sun Jul 06, 2003
On Sun Dec 04, 2016 08:00 PM
Haha wow I never thought I'd see this post here.

I'm going to play. Probably just play a BD on midgard very casually just for the nostalgia tbh. I like the environment of midgard. Call me lame but the environments in the game still feel epic to me. I won't rush to 50 :P Hopefully I can do a dragon raid at some point.

The PVP just seems so figured out at this point. Btw BD is the best solo midgard class right? Or does the patch fuck over splitting xp with pets badly? I have no idea and it's impossible to google this information.. it's not like any of the strategies online are tagged with patch 1.65. I remember BD is super OP in pvp for this patch but I just want to be able to solo since yeah most people will just power level.
On Sun Dec 04, 2016 08:02 PM
Oh and there are posts from the game's birth on this site if you havent noticed.

www.diablozone.com . . .

Pretty funny.. Talking about < 300 mhz pcs.
On Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:41 PM
Yeah bd is pretty overpowered solo, just lifetap spam. Although you can respec later if you get more into 8v8 darkness is strong group spec. Sm is really strong solo as well, pet has intercept and mof spam lifetap owns most stealthers, skald is probably my fav for soloing but takes a long time to template.

I want to roll mid too, i love the music at fort atla lol. But running in a set group is so much better for pvp, can take out zergs of 20-30 with a well played grp and they are going alb :/
On Mon Dec 05, 2016 06:26 PM
Good point on respeccing. I was talking solo PVE though. I will be playing VERY sporadically.

I have nostalgia for alb but played the beta with alb for a bit, never touched hib.

Skald is my favorite class actually but soloing to 50 on it is a non option. If they would sell a 3x exp boost or something I would totally make a skald; i have no idea why they're insisting on old exp rates
On Tue Dec 06, 2016 05:39 PM
Hehe i kind of like the xp grind, really makes you feel a sense of realm pride and big reward when your able to rvr. Xp is still way faster then livelike pre si.

Nostalgia is really pulling me towards making another hunter, they suck but was so much fun picking off healers/casters when they pull hulks etc in df lol.
On Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:11 AM
isnt this literally the worst patch possible for hunter?

split xp with pet
scout OP as fuck
Left axe SB op as fuck
Pet not ideal for stealthing

My take : the devs aren't going to balance anything or improve xp gain so might as well stick it to them and use OP shit. I mean, what can they expect?

The grind i just don't have time for and it takes big chunks of time to group up to 50 which I never really feel like putting in. If you have a 10 day stretch to play it's not a bad idea though

ReplySendWatch