June 15, 2019, 9:36 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Poll: Site

What char are you gonna play when (if) 1.10 goes live?
By Sully_member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Aug 23, 2003 07:35 AM

Stay on topic and give me your respect opinions

15 Replies to What char are you gonna play when (if) 1.10 goes live?

re: What char are you gonna play when (if) 1.10 goes live?
By Blaze_KOW
On Sat Aug 23, 2003 08:14 AM
barb.

right now wc3 tft is very fun though
By Demolira
On Mon Aug 25, 2003 02:27 AM
Assassin, cause it's like Savage, and zons without 40 shot Strafes suck.
By MrGand
On Mon Aug 25, 2003 08:39 AM
polearm zerk/warcry barb to start.... pretty easy build and polearms are very easy to get a good one.
On Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:13 AM
CE/Skelliemancer, for sure. Not at all dependant on gear, can wear max mf gear with little penalty. I just hope CE and skellies aren't nerfed too hard in patch.
By MrGand
On Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:21 AM
i doubt skellies will be because, necro sucks still vs pyhsical immune, as does zon hehe immolation and freezing arrow will be the key.
On Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:34 AM
Amp breaks phys immune.
By Satan4gotpass
On Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:52 PM
why the fuck do you care if a class is dependent on gear?? any class that IS equipment dependent will be stronger than all the others when he gets into the high levels

I'm going to do one last try at a Hammerdin
By MrGand
On Mon Aug 25, 2003 02:09 PM
classes that depend on equip are harder to start from scratch as u don't have equipment to twink and ur life is lower, because u had to add to stats more and not vit.
By Satan4gotpass
On Mon Aug 25, 2003 02:44 PM
oh you guys are ladder racing?? Well then you probably should go with the caster classes
By AF_IIllIlllII
On Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:03 AM
I know most of you are old-school D2 enough to remember how it was back in 1.00-1.04 The lag was so bad, level 50 was considered godly. Also remember the chars that did well were the chars that were not directly in hand-to-hand combat. BiffsHardBabe I believe was a zon that did really well. Acx did well with Of_Worlds and Squisher did pretty well too. The barbs didn't dominate until the items were found. The same thing will apply here. One or two of us may get lucky with a good item imbue or a godly find early on in the first stages of hell diff...but it will be the nec+sorcie combos that will soar past the competition in the early stages of 1.10 After we get our feet under us and get some gear, then the other classes will most likely move up and maybe even surpass their predecessors. But what I think is the best part, all the current newbs that are plaguing hardcore hell diff will crumble when the game is actually a challenge and they can't immediately ebay their way into a respectable char. See ya then guys ;)
On Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:21 AM
Edited by csullivan (12878) on 2003-08-27 00:25:36
Sept 30, 2000. v1.04
Image hotlink - 'http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/2df1558c/bc/Ladder/__hr_ladder.jpg?bcp.ET_AHq58Uvjt'

There was a time when the top 4 spots were all necros- Zavahl, of_Worlds, Xo_martel, and Essenem. Judok-Loi was a first generation ladder Barb, and Crazy_JimLizard had a sick run before CE was nerfed.

I agree that characters that aren't as item-dependant and don't need to melee will do best at first.
By Satan4gotpass
On Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:38 AM
remember when we did hell ancients on hardcore for the first time BC?? Monte crizto opened a tp and we all yelled at his dumb ass for making us do it again...good times :D

this kid in my school who has A.D.D ended up with my account...I can imagine how that ended up
By KillemAll
On Wed Aug 27, 2003 08:35 PM
Edited by KillemAll (10099) on 2003-08-27 20:36:37
yes! my strafe zon pwned. no one ever believed me that strafe > ms tho. then those bastards changed it
By IAMTREEPHEARME
On Thu Aug 28, 2003 04:30 PM
ill be a druid than if all u ass holes are gonna be other stuff
By thereaverofdarkn
On Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:46 PM
Barbarians died when 1.10 came out. Not that they were doing swell outside of pvp before that. Now they're ONLY viable in pvp, and don't even do that great at it anyway.

R.I.P. Barbarian... @};-

When Diablo 3 comes out, I'm so playing a barbarian.

ReplySendWatch