September 19, 2018, 3:32 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: MMORPG / DAOC

New Battlegrounds
By Darc_Mindmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 21, 2004 12:31 AM

They are putting Battlegrounds at every 5 levels of DAOC in New Frontiers Expansion. They are also increasing XP you earn in BGs. I am hearing it is actually possible to level off PvPing on RvR servers. What does everyone think? I thinks its pretty nice idea, but not sure how popular it will be. Only time will tell I suppose.

9 Replies to New Battlegrounds

re: New Battlegrounds
By Keen_Blademember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 21, 2004 07:30 AM
you sure its in frontiers and not in next patch?
By Ice_
On Fri May 21, 2004 09:37 AM
way to steal freeze's vn avator imo fanboi darc
By FenixHC
On Fri May 21, 2004 03:27 PM
1.70 = frontiers. gogo lvl 1-4 frontier lol.
On Sat May 22, 2004 12:47 AM
I actually found that Avatar on WoW vault and copied it. I know Freeze used it, but didn't notice until recently. If you think I am his fanboi, then your a moron. That guy is the biggest moron I have ever given the pleasure of diminishing my IQ by reading his posts.
On Sat May 22, 2004 08:41 PM
New BGs are teh winz! Can start form level 1 and level to 44 most likely. I got 2-4 off pure PvP in 1-4 battle grounds running around ganking with n00bs. If anyone wants to give DAoC another shot, this would prolly be the time. Battlegrounds are fun shit and you can actually level in them now. Don't need a 50 either, you can prolly make it to level 20 in less than one day of pure PvPing. I am thinking about starting a group to level from scratch as high as possible from jsut RvR in BGs. ToA may have fubared RvR and the new RA system might be a pain in the backside but none of it really effects these BGs. Best part of all, you can probably level at least 80% from 1-40ish off pure PvP.
By Demolira
On Sun May 23, 2004 03:01 AM
The trick is that RvR leveling will keep you from getting new equipment. That's why they added in the new class gifts and have the mobs in the BGs drop ROG stuff more often. I might just start a new char to level up via BGs, but I'll bet I'll get run over by level 4s too much at the start.
On Sun May 23, 2004 03:07 PM
just run with a group at first, you will make level 2 or 3 in no time depending on your enemy. I made it all the way to 7 last night doing about 90% RvR. Keep in mind however I was on Aug Shaman, solo kills on a good solo class prolly go even faster. I was also running in pick up groups and was the only healer, so we died ALOT. All together enjoyable though IMO.
By toba
On Sun May 23, 2004 05:59 PM
i fear it will spread bg rvr too thin on tiny servers like mine
By Demolira
On Wed May 26, 2004 09:45 PM
Since when is a buffbot a good solo class? :P

This won't spread out RvR much, since it's all level restricted. It's not like those people below 44 were helping anyway.

ReplySendWatch