September 19, 2018, 3:34 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: MMORPG / DAOC

Page:
Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3
Midgard Gank Guild for New Frontiers
By Darc_Mindmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu May 27, 2004 12:41 PM

I wanna run a gank guild in Midgard for New Frontiers. WoW is a ways off, prolly end of summer so there is plenty of time for one last hurrah. I have the group set up in mind and at least half of the 8 that I need. I am lookin for dedicated players to support a group and play specific classes that are specifically tailored to work like a finely tuned machine. You need not be experienced but I am sure it would help. Gank guilds aren't hard to learn anyway, you just have to commit to playing the group. Once everyone learns how to operate with eachother things should go pretty well.

I also wanna play on one of the big 3 servers, for the most possible targets. Unfortunately I have a 50 Hib on Merlin, and Merlin Mid is a zerg anyway so its out of the question. Lancelot has a huge Alb pop, but I fear the Hib pop might be kinda small by comparison, somewhat limiting our competition. That leaves fair lady Guin, unfortunately a RP server, so you can't be a jackass or make retarded names if you play here. Lookin to play primetime EST and later though the night and occaisionally in the afternoon or early evening.

Once I get some replies and/or have idea about who wants to run with me, I will reveal a bit more behind my master plan. This is a full commitment though, not just a casual commitment. We will be leveling from either 1 or from /level 20s and we will be commited to getting each character outfitted with Artifacts, SCing and and MLs as well as PvPing for our RRs in the BGs and for endgame RvR. Leveling in general should go fast because of the group setup I have in mind, so the actual level shouldn't be a problem. If we have our shit together we may even hit RR3 from running the BGs once we hit 44. After that its all over artifacts and MLs and questing for jewelry till 50 then all out RvR.

Let me know here or in a PM if you are interested. I would like you to be familiar with the game, but if not, the new BG leveling doesn't make it needed for a person to be able to /level a 20. This is an open invitation untill the slot are filled, so let me know asap.

52 Replies to Midgard Gank Guild for New Frontiers

re: Midgard Gank Guild for New Frontiers
By Satan4gotpass
On Thu May 27, 2004 01:01 PM
your plan is probably to level strait rvr, or from 1-40 rvr.

It won't work, half of all servers are 50s. Besides master levels are gay, and everyone on guin already has a 3 year headstart on you

Don't do it
On Thu May 27, 2004 01:18 PM
W00t, comments from the peanut gallery! Thanks for the bumpage, but it has been done before and will be done again. No one said anything about leveling to 40 in the BGs. I said we will play in the BGs, but starting from scratch where would we get gear from if we didn't PvE? Also why go into the BG on the lower end of your level range, when you can go in on the upper end? Trust me, with the group I have built, PvE won't be painful in the least. Maybe a bit mindless, but it will be the fastest leveling you have probably ever witnessed outside of outright powerleveling. I could care less about disadvatages, I have overcome almost every disadvantage I have ever come head to head with in this game already.
By DoomKnight
On Thu May 27, 2004 01:28 PM
Id join, I have a couple 50's but I work 4pm-11 everyday
By IAMTREEPHEARME
On Thu May 27, 2004 01:33 PM
ill do it! ive been lookin for something interesting to do.. my 50 is boring :/
On Thu May 27, 2004 02:52 PM
Would be glad to have you aboard Tree.
By Satan4gotpass
On Thu May 27, 2004 04:13 PM
Edited by Satan4gotpass (68542) on 2004-05-27 16:14:08
You sound pretty confident. And I've seen people do 1-50 in 2 days played, so I guess I'd try and play with you if you would let me start from 1.

I'd be willing to play anything basically, but a non support class would be nice

3- 11:30 est weekdays
all day weekends for me, until the 18th of june where I can play whenever.

What I lack in dedication to your idea I make up for in experience/ time zone convenience ;)

if you wanted me I'd come
By zl_art
On Thu May 27, 2004 04:22 PM
I don't know what you've been doing - vis a vis RvR - for the past several years, but I'll tell you that the most satisfying gank-based RvR comes when your good group fights another good group. It's not necessarily about farming RPs - that gets boring quickly.

Guin sucks. If you're really interested in hardcore 8v8 ganking, then you need to roll Lancelot - it's almost beyond question. There are a bunch of great gank guilds in all the realms, though to be honest, you may not be able to compete with any of them without a substantial time commitment.
On Thu May 27, 2004 05:55 PM
Lancelot is not totally off the table, Honestly I don't really want to play on Guin, but I do want some sort of zerg to fights. I suppose it is best to limit yourself to one really ugly one. Any new comers w/o 50s would have to catch up with /level 30s though. :D
On Thu May 27, 2004 05:55 PM
Removed by Darc_Mind (11148) on 2004-05-27 18:56:29 double
Lancelot is not totally off the table, Honestly I don't really want to play on Guin, but I do want some sort of zerg to fights. I suppose it is best to limit yourself to one really ugly one. Any new comers w/o 50s would have to catch up with /level 30s though. :D
By Satan4gotpass
On Thu May 27, 2004 06:41 PM
everyone you have in mind probably has /level so I'd just be dead weight, bah! ;) o well gl hf

I'm out...again...thats 3 times in 6 hours not bad!
By Keen_Blademember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 28, 2004 12:07 AM
I sold my Guin/Mid account.
Currently have Guin/Alb account.
5pm EST+ week days = zerg all over the place.
Guin has way too many gank guilds with high RR people, competition is too high.

I'm currently in a gank guild on hib/percival, and that is getting zergy to hell lately.
By FenixHC
On Fri May 28, 2004 12:22 AM
Id prolly do it but Im dedicated to my Mordred minstrel Omgawd O_O Itll definatly work, cookie group, you know the drill, just gotta get 8-10 dedicated players, gl with finding 8-10 ppl that wont bail out halfway through.
On Fri May 28, 2004 09:38 AM
I don't fear High RR competition. Guin is really no different from Lancelot. They both have rr8-10 Gank squads. RRs are nothing to fear really though. Superior tactics and group cohesion will overcome "I win" buttons everytime. Will it be a challenge? Of course, but it is not impossible.
By Digs
On Fri May 28, 2004 12:56 PM
The funny thing is that of all the posts on this thread, I don't complete understand a god damn single one.
On Fri May 28, 2004 01:02 PM
Be my Healer or Shaman and I shall explain all Digs;o
By NoSmokin
On Fri May 28, 2004 01:06 PM
so far this is what we have:
Me(Bus)- Spiritmaster
Joe(Nask-Ices friend)- Spiritmaster
Brian(Darc)- Whatever is left(probly a healer)
Jap(RL friend)- Berzerker
Tree- Warrior(assuming he still wants to come)
Ice- if everyone can convince him to come(possibly skald?)
thats possibly 6 ppl, still need 2-6 more people, to get 8 man groups all the time, and if it comes down to it, we can run a group and a half with a croc ring, i really want 8 ppl that will play at primetime EST but more than 8 would help to fill spots in groups when some ppl cant be on
Basically what we need is people to play Healers Shaman possibly a skald depending on what ice plays if we can convince him to play but i can almost for sure 100% get 4 ppl to come
By Grou_
On Fri May 28, 2004 01:13 PM
There are no good hib or alb gank groups on Guin, the only competition there is the prime time zerg. There's also plenty of gank guilds too. I'm down with you guys on whatever server thoughl. Guin is boring.
On Fri May 28, 2004 01:15 PM
Wow, now we can almost maybe make a group.
On Fri May 28, 2004 02:27 PM
We decided to start now on Mid MLF, we have a tank, Pac Healer, 2 SMs and a leech and perhaps a shaman aug bot. I have to work in an hour so I won't be here, will be being botted while bus levels me. If anyone is coming now would be ideal time but we can catch late starters up if not able to come today. Msg Bus on Mid MLF, character name is Sumisub.
By Demolira
On Fri May 28, 2004 05:39 PM
Run a thane bodyguard, or you'll regret it!
By NoSmokin
On Fri May 28, 2004 05:54 PM
im dual loggin friends aug shaman we got a zerker leeching pac healer and me and ices friend playing SM, still cant convince ice to come so far
By NoSmokin
On Fri May 28, 2004 06:27 PM
our leecher is almost lvl 10 /cry wish this went faster lol
By Dvade86member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 28, 2004 06:53 PM
Edited by Dvade86 (12617) on 2004-05-28 19:02:16
Edited by Dvade86 (12617) on 2004-05-28 19:03:18
I'm just going to go and state what a lot of people are thinking:

Not strategically made up group with low RR's and (prolly) no augbot is gonna lose to high RR, well put together, augbot helped, ML 10, experienced gank groups.

Just an observation.

(For all you non daoc imagine in it diablo terms: Imagine a 4 vs 4 group duel with the first group being made up of newb-esque (Not calling you guys new, but I'm guessing you won't have much experience with your new chars) level 60s. Lets say the group is as follows: 2 amazons, a barb, and a paladin (so a reasonably well put together group, but still vulnerable) vs 4 level 70s. Lets say these 70s were very experienced / respected and often dueled as a team. The group was as follows: 2 barbs, a sorce, and a paladin. Who do you think'll prolly win?)
By NoSmokin
On Fri May 28, 2004 07:22 PM
me.
Page:
Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch