June 15, 2019, 9:36 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: MMORPG / DAOC

Page:
Page 2 of 3: 1 2 3
re: Midgard Gank Guild for New Frontiers
By Darc_Mindmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 29, 2004 02:38 AM
We are not inexperienced gankers, me and bus were in the most notorious gank guild on Mordred before the merger. We had every guild on that server flipping out over how to kill us and how we won so much. People would brag when they dropped our group after we had fought 2 or 3 other guilds back to back to back and just plain run out of power or abilties. I will admit the curve with RAs and Artifacts and even Realm Ranks makes things steeper now, but we have done that stuff in the harshest most unforgiving enviorment in the game and still manged more than most on normal servers.

I just wanted to try something on my own this time around, the secret to a good gank guild is not the time you put in, its all about group cohesion, once every is comfortable playing together, you strategies will become natural and you will be more able to exploit your enemies weaknesses. In Diablo terms, think of going from dueling in Hardcore, every death sets you back a bit. But if you go to Normal mode, death is a nonfactor. You can go in as many times as you wish and suffer no consequences. I can take a group on RvR against a high RR gank guild and lose 4 out of 5 times, but that one time winning would put me ahead because I lose nothing when I die. On Mordred every death is 17 gold. Sometimes you die multiple times in one fight. That can add up quick if you lose alot, but that is the only way you can learn.

Also all these MLs and artifacts are 10x times harder when you can run into live player enemies around every turn. Getting those crutches will be a breeze, the realm ranks will come over time and fighting for them is the only way your group can become more efficient.

I never said this was going to be easy, I would have not spent my entire time playing this game on Mordred if I liked doing things the easy way. But it will be done, nothing is gonna stop me once the ball gets rolling.
On Sat May 29, 2004 02:40 AM
Removed by Darc_Mind (11148) on 2004-05-29 02:46:00 o.O
We are not inexperienced gankers, me and bus were in the most notorious gank guild on Mordred before the merger. We had every guild on that server flipping out over how to kill us and how we won so much. People would brag when they dropped our group after we had fought 2 or 3 other guilds back to back to back and just plain run out of power or abilties. I will admit the curve with RAs and Artifacts and even Realm Ranks makes things steeper now, but we have done that stuff in the harshest most unforgiving enviorment in the game and still manged more than most on normal servers.

I just wanted to try something on my own this time around, the secret to a good gank guild is not the time you put in, its all about group cohesion, once every is comfortable playing together, you strategies will become natural and you will be more able to exploit your enemies weaknesses. In Diablo terms, think of going from dueling in Hardcore, every death sets you back a bit. But if you go to Normal mode, death is a nonfactor. You can go in as many times as you wish and suffer no consequences. I can take a group on RvR against a high RR gank guild and lose 4 out of 5 times, but that one time winning would put me ahead because I lose nothing when I die. On Mordred every death is 17 gold. Sometimes you die multiple times in one fight. That can add up quick if you lose alot, but that is the only way you can learn.

Also all these MLs and artifacts are 10x times harder when you can run into live player enemies around every turn. Getting those crutches will be a breeze, the realm ranks will come over time and fighting for them is the only way your group can become more efficient.

I never said this was going to be easy, I would have not spent my entire time playing this game on Mordred if I liked doing things the easy way. But it will be done, nothing is gonna stop me once the ball gets rolling.
By Dvade86member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 29, 2004 08:30 AM
Edited by Dvade86 (12617) on 2004-05-29 08:31:11
Never seen such an inspired post at Dzone. Good work :)
By Keen_Blademember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat May 29, 2004 08:36 AM
It all comes down to the mezzers. You can't have newbs playing healers and thats a fact.
On Sat May 29, 2004 10:05 AM
I'm playing the Pac healer so no problem there. :D
By IAMTREEPHEARME
On Sat May 29, 2004 01:54 PM
how can we lose with a tree-warrior
By Grou_
On Sat May 29, 2004 02:10 PM
You guys are leveling in Moderngrav right? If not you should be >_
By Grou_
On Sat May 29, 2004 02:11 PM
Edited by Grou_ (25265) on 2004-05-29 14:20:43
You guys are leveling in Moderngrav right? If not you should be
By Grou_
On Sat May 29, 2004 02:16 PM
Fuck I made a huge reply and it didn't go all the way through.

Anyway, what I said was, The most sucessful gankgroups on guin run 3 healers (1 aug/mend the other 2 pac/mend) shaman for end/resists, skald, and 3 damage classes (the one I run with has 2 savages and zerk)

Shaman and healer buffbots in the PK always.

Artifacts are a huge asset, ML's not really but can help. (bodyguard/grapple)

Darc seems dedicated, so I'm sure you guys will pull if off.
On Sat May 29, 2004 08:05 PM
We can't levelin Moderngrav because we have no 50s on MLF, so we gotta do it from /level 20s. We have all the tools we need though, once we are 50, PLing other junk shouldn't be a problem but I hope it won't come to need to PL anything else. I am only gonna run 2 spreaders and we will have a PK buff bot. We are running with 2 casters, 3 tanks and 3 supports though. I don't think I will need a back up AE cc, I can handle most of that. The aug healer can back me up with single target mez and stun, assuming we find someone to play him. Also in need of a shaman for our main buffs and endurance as well as disease, root and disruption.

Most Hib gank groups get by with 2 spreads, as well as most Alb groups. Mid groups may run 3 but agaisnt a zerg you won't kill anything with just 3 tanks, I have played both ways on Mord where you can even diversify your healers by taking one from each realm. Two is optimal I belive. Three spreaders is great for 8v8, plenty of back up heals but for anything else you need more damage output. With NF coming and all this ToA stuff starting to shine, you will likely see alot more caster/tank mixed hybrid groups instead of the old full tank or caster groups. It works much better, especially with MLs like Bodyguard, Grapple and Zephyr.
On Sat May 29, 2004 08:08 PM
Also, let me repeat I am still looking for an Aug Healer and Cave/Aug shaman and Skald unless Ice suddenly decides he wants to play one of the aforementioned classes. He seems to be stuck playing his PvP savage some more. But I will leave this as an open invitation for anyone from Dzone if they wanna join us before I start looking to fill our ranks in other sources.
By Jerk
On Sat May 29, 2004 08:23 PM
It's unfortunate how serious this is, when it'll all be forgotten in about a year or two :/
On Sat May 29, 2004 08:53 PM
wtf is this weak attempt at a flame doing in my thread?
By Jerk
On Sat May 29, 2004 09:46 PM
By toba
On Sat May 29, 2004 09:54 PM
Image hotlink - 'http://www.littletikecentral.com/images/fire-flames-large.jpg'
By Jerk
On Sat May 29, 2004 10:02 PM
lol, that works too
By Keen_Blademember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun May 30, 2004 09:44 AM
Grou,who do you run with on guin/mid?? And who is your character!!
By Satan4gotpass
On Mon May 31, 2004 07:56 PM
darc gimme your 7 day free trial that came with toa, or get someone in your group to relinquish one plz!

You'll be happy you did, trust me (forget all logic you currently possess, and just be assured you'll be glad you gave me your daoc classic trial key)
By IAMTREEPHEARME
On Mon May 31, 2004 09:24 PM
i got one i think
On Mon May 31, 2004 10:33 PM
Just upgrade my memory, looking for my disks and keys to I can clean up my comp and reinstall everything.
By IAMTREEPHEARME
On Tue Jun 01, 2004 07:29 AM
By Satan4gotpass
On Tue Jun 01, 2004 01:16 PM
email it to chinpoko@muchomail.com plz, or send it to me in a private message here

I've got no problem buying the 10$ game, but I wana help someone on dzone out and it's just more convenient for me :)

cmon its the key your supposed to give friends to try the game, and we all know none of you has friends

I kid I kid, really though, give me the key and I'll repay the favor
By IAMTREEPHEARME
On Wed Jun 02, 2004 06:11 AM
ill look fors it
By Satan4gotpass
On Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:58 PM
thx tree, as for the rest of you, die
By Satan4gotpass
On Wed Jun 02, 2004 02:26 PM